What you need:
A glass Jar
Pencil, chopstick or anything similar
Essential oils for smell
First cut the wick the desired length
Melt the wax by boiling boiling in a jar then drop in the essential oils
Mix the wax then put in into the final jar while holding the wick
There is nothing worse than warm soy milk! There I said it! I recently realized that koozies are awesome at keeping drinks cold for over an hour! Getting my hands on a good koozie was harder than I thought, at first I went the DIY koozies route but those fell apart after a few weeks and after googling I found Express Imprint and their customized koozies. The koozies they carry are made in the USA and you can get whatever you want printed on them!
For those of you that don’t know Koozies are protecting covers and insulators. I had never thought the process to be so easy and am glad I did this!
How do you grill soy products? Could you actually grill soy successfully without crumbling your food? This is possibly one of the most popular questions that vegetarians have to deal with every summer. How can you grill soy products for a vegetarian outdoor grill party? Well One Green Planet posted some great tips and I added some. Here are some tips:
- Trust only high quality soy products if you wish to grill. And if you are looking for high quality soy, choose dehydrated, non-GMO soy. This soya will not just stay firm when you grill but are also the healthiest. Non-GMO soy is soy that has been slowly cooked and dried at very low temperatures. It is also processed without the use of chemicals or pesticides.
- Soy naturally tastes bland but when you marinate it and season it with different spices then it will taste even better than meats. However to achieve this delicious taste, be sure to prepare your soy at least two to three hours before you grill. This will give you a lot of time to prepare your soy and make it taste better without rushing.
- Rehydrate your soy for about 10 minutes before you prepare it or season it. You rehydrate soya by placing it in hot water and soaking it for about 10 minutes till you achieve a plump texture. Soaking soy will also help reduce crumbling when you are already grilling.
- If you are using liquid marinade on your soy, allow to soak completely in the marinade for about two hours. Turn the soy as necessary. If you are only using powder seasoning then rub the seasoning all over the soy on all sides.
- In choosing seasoning to enhance the flavour of soy you may choose any of the following: Himalayan salt and pepper, a choice of the best herbs, spices or your regular barbecue sauce. You do not want to over-soak your soy since it will only make the soy runny and crumbly when you are about to grill.
- Create soy patties or soy sausages. Instead of eating grilled soy cubes or the usual rectangular-shaped soy product you may roll these into sausages (the smaller the better it will cook well) and flatten these into patties. Be sure to use enough force to keep the soy structure together otherwise these will only crumble while on your grill. Do this right after your soy has been marinated so that flavour is locked in as you form your soy. In grilling soy patties, grill these evenly and when grilling sausages, roll them time and again to prevent burning or charring your food.
- Prepare your grill right when your soy is marinating so that it will be hot enough to char your soy. The golden rule of placing oil or applying oil over the grill should also be done when grilling soy. Use a brush to apply only a bit to prevent sticking and burning your food. Soy has a very low fat content and therefore these will surely stick if you are not careful.
- Maintain low to medium heat and grill at least 5 minutes on each side. You can tell that the soy is ready when the sides look brown and crispy on the outside. You may also place cubes of soy in skewers for easy turning.
These are things that you may never know about soy. Dailycal has more ideas if you need more soy facts!
- Soy products like tofu are made from soybeans. These are small brown beans that you can purchase from a local market. Be sure to choose non-GMO soybeans so that you can be sure that you and your family are eating soy that has been grown and processed without chemicals.
- If you like the taste of soy milk then do you know that it is easy to make your own at home? In making your own fresh soy milk, you will only need soybeans, water, blender and a cheese cloth. Processing the beans using a blender and then straining it with a cheese cloth is the easiest way to make soy milk and this has been known as the most common process to manufacture soy milk.
- Have you ever heard about tempeh? This is a high protein soy product from Indonesia. The difference is that it has a nutty flavour compared to usual soy and tofu. You may use tempeh in different dishes and is perfect for grilling.
- Have you ever heard about yuba? This is a thin film that develops on the surface of soy milk when it is heated. This is harvested and cut into strips to make noodles; it may also be used as a wrapper for dim sum and other oriental dishes.
- Natto may turn you off with its unusual smell and sticky texture. It is made from fermented soy beans and developed these unbearable characteristics because of fermentation. But these do not have to turn you off. Natto goes best with rice or with soy sauce; it is also a delicious wrap. When used this way, you will be able to bear the smell and the texture of natto.
- Tofu is also a perfect protein bar. A product called Soyjoy is an all-natural soy and fruit bar that tastes just like a regular fruit bar. You wouldn’t know the difference.
- Have you ever eaten soyrizo? This is a unique fusion of soy and chorizo. You can find soyrizo in a food truck serving food for vegans. Chorizo is a Spanish food that was brought to the Philippines; together with soy it makes a unique and excellent dish perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike. Check out this great dish and find out why a lot of people are craving soyrizo.
- If you have ever eaten in Cal Dining then you may have tried their soy dishes. Cal Dining only uses soy and tofu from Hodo Soy Beanery. This factory has been founded by Minh Tsai in Oakland. Any kind of tofu or soy from the Hodo Soy Beanery is the best kind since the company has a mission that states: to “craft the highest quality tofu and create innovative and delicious tofu-based artisan foods that will forever chance the way you know tofu.” So the next time you are out hunting for the best tofu, don’t forget to check out tofu from Hodo Soy.
- Finally tofu is not just something you eat for lunch or dinner. This could be used to make dessert. Try tofu berry with whipped cream, cream cheese, strawberries and mint, kinako ice cream with toasted tofu dango and anko and so much more. You can even make tofu dessert on your own; simply combine tofu with your favorite fruit, nuts and place whipped cream on top and you have your own tofu dessert!